Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ophir Creek Aspen Treasure Hunt!



original acrylic on canvas, 24" x 18" x 1.5".



Autumn is my favorite season!  

I love the crisp early morning air, the brilliant sunlight through the aspen leaves, contrasted with the rich dark shadows and vivid colors in the autumn grasses.  Warm days, cool cozy nights with a little nip in the air - all sensations of fall's delight.  

I also love maps!
Ever since I was little, I've been fascinated with maps, following along trails and searching for signposts, wherever I wander.

I explored a new area this year, for my fall leaf peeping trip with Piper, the plein air dog.  
We went to San Isabel National Forest, south west of Pueblo. 

The treasure I was looking - the elusive "aspen gold" - I discovered along Ophir Creek - what a great name!  
X marks the spot - treasure is here!


No comments:

Post a Comment