Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Autumn's Shining Path original oil painting by Laura Reilly

SOLD
"Autumn's Shining Path" 
 original oil on gessoed panel
12" x 6" x 3/8" - painting continues around sides for a beautiful finish.

I've started something new for 2012, and am having so much fun with it!  I am now a member of Daily Paintworks, and have joined the "painting a day" artists' movement  - a new, small original oil painting created about every day, and posted to this wonderful art-only auction site.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time - as you may know, I have always been charmed by the magic of small things.  There's a special  intimacy to the scale of smaller paintings,  and also a significant challenge for the painter - can a small work of art be as compelling or dramatic or moving as something created on a larger scale?  Also, as an avid art collector myself, I can always find a spot for another small gem!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment