Friday, January 27, 2012

"A Poem for the Fall" - original impressionist oil painting by Laura Reilly

SOLD
"A Poem for the Fall"
original oil on panel, 12" x 6" x 3/8"
 painting continues around sides for a beautiful finish.

This painting is from one of my favorite locations here in Colorado Springs, to hike, paint, and enjoy the serenity of nature - Sondermann Park.  There's a creek that wanders through a protected wetlands, full of wildlife and birds.  I've come across walkers and bikers and classes of kids experiencing science in the wild.    I've often painted here, delighting  in the brilliant hues of the fall foliage.  

A Note About My Daily Painting Practice
    This is a significant creative challenge, painting a small work of art  every day or so.  It's upped the ante for me as an artist and as a creative professional - how best to make a profound and meaningful statement, visually, about my chosen subject - make it good, make it meaningful, make it the best painting I am capable of - and not as easy as one might think,  to create a compelling work of  art on a small scale. I am loving it!  Thanks for sharing my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment