Sunday, April 1, 2012

Small Moments

 original oil on canvas, 20" x 10" x 1.5"
painting continues around sides for a beautiful finish.

Sometimes it's not the big events that make the best memories and moments in life, but the small ones - like a walk on a starry night of the new moon.  It's dark and crystal clear, and the stars and planets shimmer and glow in the deep winter night because the moon isn't stealing the show. 

Jack and I and Piper saw this view a few weeks ago on a night time walk, and I carried the sight carefully all the way home, a vision of stillness and quiet and starlight.  Once home,  I made a sketch before the memory faded, and created this painting in acknowledgement of small, beautiful, precious moments like this. 

FIRST FRIDAY ARTWALK!
April 6, 5:00 - 8:00pm
at my gallery here in Old Colorado City
Come on out, enjoy a beautiful spring evening, and come by and say hello -
I'd love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment